Get in Touch
29 Marda Way, Nollamara WA 6061
Tel: (08) 9413 5300
Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Primary School seeks to offer excellence in education, enlivened by the life and teaching of Jesus Christ in a school community where the dignity of each person is valued.
Week 5 Term 2 - 2023
- 9.00am Mary Help of Christians Mass.
- School Photo Day.
- 9.00am Year 6 Class Assembly.
- 6.30pm Family Mass
Week 6 Term 2
- Parent/Teacher Meetings commence.
- Parent/Teacher Meetings.
- Parent/Teacher Meetings.
- Running Club.
- 9.00am Whole School Mass – Father Stan’s Farewell.
- Parent/Teacher Meetings.
- 2.15pm Prayer Assembly.
- Parent/Teacher Meetings.
Dear Parents, Friends and Students of Our Lady of Lourdes
Welcome: A warm welcome to Imogen and her family who joined the OLOL community this week. Imogen has joined our Year 3 class. I know you will love your time here at our fabulous school.
Farewell Father Stan: After giving spiritual guidance to the Our Lady of Lourdes Parish and School for the past ten and a half years, Fr Stan announced on Saturday evening that he has been asked to continue his ministry as Parish Priest of St Luke’s Woodvale. His last Mass at OLOL will be on Sunday 11 June, which is also our sacramental Mass for First Holy Communion. Fr Stan has been incredibly influential in creating such a positive and strong relationship between the parish and the school and he will be dearly missed by staff, students and families. As a school, we will be organising a Farewell Mass for Fr Stan on Thursday 1 June at 9am. I am hoping many families can join us for this special celebration.
Mother’s Day Celebrations: Thank you to all the OLOL mums who came along to the Mother’s Day Breakfast on Friday 12 May. I was very disappointed as I was not able to attend, however, I heard wonderful feedback about the morning. A huge thank you to the staff that were involved in the organisation of the event.
Behaviour Management Procedure: As part of our upcoming School Compliance Review, we have rewritten our school procedure for Behaviour Management. As part of the process, students were given the opportunity to have input into the school based procedure to ensure their voice was heard and displayed in the final product. The new OLOL Behaviour Management Procedure aligns with CEWA’s Executive Directive for Student Safety & Wellbeing & Student Behaviour. If you would like to take a look at this new document, it is located on our school website, or you can follow the link below.
OLOL P&F: We had another good turnout for our Term Two P&F meeting last Wednesday evening. Our P&F Office Bearers were joined by the majority of Class Contact Representatives with the focus to discuss the calendar of events planned for the remainder of the 2023 school year. You can see the minutes from the meeting on our school website or by following this link https://ololnoll.wa.edu.au/wp-content/uploads/2023/05/PF-Agenda_Minutes-1005-1.pdf. If you are available, we would love to see you at our next meeting that will be held on Wednesday 2 August.
Parent/Teacher Interviews: Parent/Teacher interviews will be taking place during Week 6 this term (Mon 29/5 – Fri 2/6). All families should have received instructions on how to book your appointment online using the PTO application. This is a fabulous system we used last year and is easy to use. These interviews are a wonderful way to build positive, healthy relationships between home and school, which are vital for your child to flourish in the educational setting. Please contact the office if you are having any trouble booking your appointment.
Staffing News: Congratulations to Mrs McDonald who was successful in gaining a fulltime teaching position at Infant Jesus School in Morley from Term 3. We will be sad to see Mrs McDonald go, and I would like to thank her on behalf of the entire community for filling in as our Science Specialist. We are in the process of finding a new Science Teacher at OLOL and I will notify the school community when this process has been finalised.
COVID: In the past week, we have had a few staff and students test positive to COVID. Please ensure that if your child is displaying COVID symptoms, please test and if positive, keep them from attending school until they have passed. If you require RAT tests, please contact the school office.
Previous Staff Reflections: On Monday 24 April, the OLOL staff gathered for a special day of professional learning called ‘Faith Story & Witness’. During the day, Mr Gray stepped us through the very beginnings of Our Lady of Lourdes School back in 1958 under the direction of the Sisters of Mercy. We were given the opportunity to read reflections from previous staff and over coming newsletters, I will share these with the community. The second reflection is from Sister Joan Buckham.
Sister Joan Buckham
My memories of Nollamara are very fond. It was my first Principalship and I took over from a very good and correct Sister Leonard. I also had on the staff, very senior and experienced religious sisters – so it was pretty easy. They did a great job and were very supportive of myself. I was also there when the very strong supporters of the school were still active. Fr Kelly loved the Sisters and found me, the ‘young sister’ a bit of a worry. However, he soon came to support and encourage me also. The students were dynamic. Full of fun and mischief but ready to learn.
It was a bit providential that I was there again for the closure of the Convent. The Convent was a very generous gift of the community to the Sisters and many of us lived there in great comfort.
Our Lady of Lourdes community is etched in the memory of the Sisters as a very generous, caring and fun group of people who gave their all in support of Catholic education. They, you and all before you have every right to be super proud of all that has been achieved.
MJR – Spirit of Jesus ‘Shout Outs’: Here are a few ‘SOJ Shouts Outs’ from around the community this past fortnight:
- Sofia (Year 1) offering kind and encouraging words to a friend during swimming lessons and later assisted him with his bag.
- Lucky (Year 5) looking after younger students during their swimming lessons.
- Aaron (father of Matthew & Joshua Bowles) donating a flat grill for our school canteen after finding out Mrs Miranda’s had stopped working.
- Phoenix (Kindy) carefully and patiently pushing his friend on the swing while he waited for his own turn.
God Bless and stay classy OLOL
Mrs Vivante is looking for parent volunteers to assist with a daily Reading program for the MacqLit students starting in Term 2. Please contact Mrs Vivante at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone the school office on 9413 5300 if you are interested in finding out more about how you can help our Year 3-6 students.
Uniform Shop Hours
The uniform shop will be closed tomorrow but will open, Friday afternoon 2.00 – 4.00pm.
Normal hours will resume next week.
School Photo Day - 24th May
Photo information was sent home last Wednesday to all students in Kindy to Year 6.
– Every Student will have their photo taken, whether they are purchasing photos or not.
– The school has chosen to use the online ordering system. Your child will be given an online ordering instruction slip and a unique student shootkey.
– Log onto www.msp.com.au and follow the prompts to place your order.
– If you lose your shootkey please contact the front office.
– The expiry date for online ordering is Wednesday, 31st May. Any orders received after this date will incur a $30.00 archive fee.
– Spare envelopes are available at school reception, should you wish to pay via cash.
– Envelopes can be obtained from Administration.
– Family photos will be taken on the morning before school.
– Please ensure that your family envelope and payment are handed to the Photographers on photo day.
– If you do not have the correct money we will provide any change needed when photos are delivered to school.
– Family photos cannot be ordered online.
– Once school has received photos, family photos will remain at reception for parents to collect.
– Individuals and Family Photos are not available to view online for Students security.
– If for any reason you need to contact MSP regarding your child’s photos you will be asked to provide your child’s shootkey.
Mother's Day Celebration and Merit Assembly
Thank you to all our Mums and Grandmothers,
who attended the Mother’s Day Celebration last Friday morning.
We hope you all had a wonderful Mother’s Day.
Congratulations to all our Award Winners.
Parent Teacher Interviews - Kindy to Year 6
Parent-Teacher Interviews Week 6, Term 2
The Following Instructions were sent home last Tuesday, 9th May.
Parent-Teacher interviews will be held for years Kindergarten – Year 6 from Monday 29th May 2023 to Friday 2nd June 2023.
Interviews will be of 15 minutes duration.
We will be utilizing the online booking system called Parent Teacher On-Line (PTO) once again in 2023. It will save time for parents, staff and students.
Please follow the instructions below:
- Download the PTO – Parent Teacher Online app
- Enter the school code – f 5 4 t r
- Enter your surname
- Enter your pin – See pin on attached slip
- Make your booking
Full instructions are provided to you after log in. Please note the following points:
- When you log on, the system displays only your own child/children. Bookings are made for individual parents/guardians, not for couples. Couples can however log on to the system simultaneously to coordinate bookings. If two parents/guardians wish to attend a single interview time slot, one parent/guardian should make the booking then both can attend.
- You will only see time slots that are available at the time you are using the system. As time slots are booked for teachers, those time slots are no longer displayed as available. PTO prevents double-booking of teachers or parents/guardians.
- When you have made all the bookings you require, you can download or email a report of your bookings in time order for printing. You can log in PTO at any time from 10.00am on Monday 15th of May but changes to bookings can only be made before 3.00pm on Thursday 25th May, 2023.
- If you see this symbol displayed along side the class name, it means this teacher recommends that you book an interview.
- Other parents may be making bookings at the same time that you are using the system. It is possible, though unlikely, that a time slot is displayed to you as available, but is then booked by another parent shortly afterwards. If you then attempt to book this time slot it will not be available and a message will be displayed to indicate this.
- If you encounter any problems using PTO please contact the school office by phone on 9413 5300, or by email to email@example.com
17th to 30th May 2023
A very Happy Birthday to all our Students and Mrs Valli. Hope you all have a wonderful day!
Pamela Jordan, Arianna Biondo, Minh Onh, Aleen Kaur, Lukas Soza Villalobos, Kip Too, Eva Jijo, Joshua Bowles, Lucky Vuni, Advita Patki, Prahas Mankar and Mrs Valli.
Last Day of Term 2 – Friday 30th June
Mid-Year break: Monday 3rd July – Monday 17th July
Students: Tuesday 18th July – Thursday 21st September
Term 3 break: Friday 22nd September – Sunday 8th October
Students: Tuesday 10th October – Friday 8th December
Student Free Days and Public Holidays 2023
Monday 5th June – WA Day
Tuesday 6th June – Pupil Free Day
Monday 17th July – Pupil Free Day
Friday 22nd September – Pupil Free Day
Monday 9th October – Pupil Free Day
Saturday Vigil – 6:00 pm
Sunday Mass – 9:00 am
Tuesday – 9:00 am
Wednesday – 9:00 am
Thursday – 9:00 am
Friday – 9:00 am
Saturdays – 5:30 pm
Don’t forget Running Club tomorrow morning. We will leave from the undercover area at 8:00 am sharp and walk to Woodchester Oval.
The Munch Box
Parents, please note that OLOL is an ALLERGY AWARE SCHOOL. This means no nuts, peanut butter, nutella or bars/cakes containing nuts.
Please click on the following link for the revised Term 2 Menu:
Please keep in your prayers all members of our community who are sick or who have relatives and friends who are ill at this time. We especially ask that you keep them in your closest thoughts and prayers.
2024 3YO Pre Kindy Enrolments.
Parents, the interviews for 2024, 3YO Pre Kindy have commenced.
If you have a child born between the following dates, please ensure that you have completed an enrolment form. You can download the enrolment document by visiting our Website https://ololnoll.wa.edu.au/enrol/ or see Mrs Harris in the office.
1st July 2020 – 30th June 2021
We are still collecting the ring pulls from soft drink cans. These are donated to Brother Ollie, who uses them to assist in making wheelchairs for children around the world affected by disease and landmines.
Please bring them to your class teacher.
St Vincent de Paul Clothing Bin
We have a St Vincent de Paul clothing bin which is located near the Flinders St gate on the oval side of the school. You are able to donate all your unwanted good quality clothing, manchester, books, kitchenware (no glass items) and childrens’ toys that you no longer needed. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact the front office.
Recycling batteries is good for the environment. It keeps them out of landfill, where heavy metals may leak into the ground when the battery casing corrodes, causing soil and water pollution. If batteries are incinerated with household waste, the heavy metals in them may cause air pollution.
Remember that you can recycle your household batteries at school. Please deposit batteries in the specially provided container in the front office.
We can all play our part to reduce landfill and help save the planet.
2024 Aranmore Catholic College Scholarships
Don’t miss your opportunity to apply for an Aranmore Catholic College Academic Scholarship for students entering Year 7 in 2024!
Our application deadline is Thursday 18 May, so visit https://www.aranmore.wa.edu.au/enrolments/scholarships for more information and to apply today.