An application form needs to be completed for each child seeking a place at Our Lady of Lourdes School. Accompanying the application form must be a copy of the child’s birth certificate, baptism certificate and immunisation record. An Australian Government Visa (where applicable) also needs to be presented to the school. Where appropriate, a copy of the child’s current school report will also be required. An interview for parents and the child will then be made with the school Principal before a confirmed place at the school is offered.
Applications for enrolments in Kindergarten to Year 6 will be accepted according to Our Lady of Lourdes’ enrolment policy. Our enrolment policy – based on the Catholic Education Commission of Western Australia’s Policy Statement on Student Enrolment – provides the following priorities:
- Catholic students from the Parish with a Parish Priest reference.
- Catholic students from outside the Parish with a Parish Priest reference.
- Other Catholic students.
- Siblings (brothers and sisters) of non-Catholic students.
- Non-Catholic students from other Christian denominations.
- Other non-Catholic students, whose parents fully support the Catholic ethos of Our Lady of Lourdes.
Before an offer of place is made, parent(s)/guardian(s) shall be interviewed by the Principal and prospective students shall be interviewed where appropriate.
The Catholic/Non-Catholic ‘Enrolment Percentage Parameters’ approved by the Bishops of Western Australia is to be referred to when enrolling students.